Our last Training Intervention was unpacking and implementing the PAIA at the Ndwedwe Municipality by Barbara Morton with a Master’s degree and many years’ experience in Local Government.
ALL OUR FACILITATORS ARE SPECIALISTS IN THEIR FIELD OF EXPERTISE.
PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT (PAIA) WORKSHOP
WHAT IS PAIA?
- Its objectives and links to the Bill of Rights and to the Constitution
- Who does it apply to?
- Right of Access
- Notable exclusions
- Grounds for refusal of request
- Obligation to inform third parties
- Overriding clause of Public Interest
- Applications to Court
LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS and IMPLEMENTATION
- S 14 Manual
- Publication of S 14 Manual
- S 15 Notice
- Publication of S 15 Notice
- Translation of S 14 Manual
- S 32 report to the South African Human Rights Commission
- Annual report to the Department of Justice
- PAIA application process including timelines
- PAIA Workflow Process including charges
FOR YOUR PAIA WORKSHOP OR FOR YOUR TRAINING NEEDS.